Stewards of Children
Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors.
This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations, such as sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs and church groups.
Who uses the program?
Stewards of Children is for any adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Want to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What topics are covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- Types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- Importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- Signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
How long does the program take to complete?
Stewards of Children typically takes about 2.5 hours. Think about it ... in just 2.5 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know.
Adults who complete the training can receive two CEU's for :
NASW and National Board for Certified Counselors
MS State Department of Health Child Care licensure hours.
American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission
Contact Darlene at (662) 349-1555 to schedule a training
for the staff at your church, day care or organization that provide care for children in our community!!