Stewards of Children is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors.
Who uses the program?
Stewards of Children is for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children. It is also used by individuals, organizations, businesses and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers in the prevention of child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance their child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative.
What topics are covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse.
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur.
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What outcomes can be expected after training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse.
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse.
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures.
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan.
2 CEU's are available for:
- The National Association of Social Workers
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Commission
- Child Care Facility Staff Development hours from the Department of Health Child Care Licensure Division.
To schedule a time and date for the Stewards of Children program to be presented to your organization, call Healing Hearts CAC at 662.349.1555 or email email@example.com